I was dragged into a benefit gig on behalf of a relative's stricken associate. The food is alright, particularly the beans, cheese cubes, and pasta salad. But the main attraction of this affair is a raucous auction with an auctioneer resembling a quicktalking Shou Tucker. From what I can see, it's primarily country wares (such as specialty whiskey and an ebony fishing rod) and those baskets you tend to see in cheap raffles. So naturally, it was not my kind of affair. There are only a few items I would partake in an auction for as it is.
* Wearable replica of Boba Fett's helmet (or even one of the original costume helmets)
* Chuck Greene's IJIEK motorcycle jacket
* Renamon merchandise, such as a mint condition figurine or plush from the 90s
* Classic Art Deco posters of interest (Antiques Roadshow quality)
* Kimba the White Lion plushes and the original manga
* Well-crafted Sly Cooper's Cane
* Model trains used in the original seasons of Thomas the Tank Engine (preferrably Edward, Duncan, Stepney, Rusty, Mavis, and/or Oliver)
* Animation cells from favorite works, such as an excellent but spendy Rikki-Tikki-Tavi shot I saw in The Chuck Jones Collection
What about you guys?